Under the direction of the Dean of Mathematical, Life and Physical Sciences, this fund's goal is to prepare students for the workforce of the 21st Century. To nurture leaders and create new knowledge and solutions that positively impact society, with special focus on health and the environment. Now more than ever philanthropic support is essential to reaching and continuing the excellent research and educational program goals of the sciences.
- Support and develop new research opportunities for undergraduate students as well as for graduate students by launching new interdisciplinary, cross-campus initiatives (Center for Biological Science and Engineering; Environmental Solutions; Center of the Brain and of the Mind);
- Additionally, it is necessary to invest in new and renovated space and infrastructure for science and technology research and instruction;
- We must offer competitive financial aid packages to top students at all levels and attract the best out-of-state and international students. We need to provide the resources to attract and retain the best faculty.
- Develop and promote fiscal stability and enhancements by growing resources. In particular, develop new philanthropic channels and build out existing ones. I intend to lead the Division through turbulent budgetary times while implementing mandated budget reductions, reorganizing and optimizing administrative functions.
- To focus on bolstering morale among faculty, staff and students to the utmost extent; including professional career development opportunities to staff. Instrumental in launching the newly hired junior faculty into a successful professional career. Work vigorously to retain our valuable faculty; still maintaining a position of attracting and hiring new faculty as they retire or separate.
The easiest and most direct way to make a gift to the UC Santa Barbara Fund for Advancing the Sciences is online through our secure site. If you have any questions about giving online or how your gift might be used, feel free to contact Parents Fund & Outreach at 805-893-5254 or email@example.com. Once you complete and submit the form, you will receive an acknowledgement confirming your donation to UC Santa Barbara.
Thank you for making a gift to UC Santa Barbara.
If you are having problems with this page and/or can't find the fund/area to which you wish to give please call (805) 893-2112 for personal assistance, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.